This is Part 7 in a series to help you get more of what you want, no matter how stuck you may have been!
Read the other parts here, all with tapping videos:
HOW TO HAVE MORE OF WHAT YOU WANT PART 8: STOP TALKING ABOUT THE ‘BAD THINGS’ THAT HAPPENED!
As you go about your day today, notice how many people talk (and complain) about, things that went ‘wrong’.
Here’s an example of what I mean: I was in a shop this weekend. The woman who runs the shop next door was chatting with the person who worked in the store I was. For the approx 10 minutes that I was in that store, she was complaining non-stop about
- a client who wanted to buy something small with a large bank note
- a client who came in a few minutes before closing time to buy something, after she’d already closed down the cash register
- a client who approached her just after she’d locked up the shop and asked if she would open the store again
The negativity was oozing out of her so that it was palpable, almost like something heavy and toxic had just put into the atmosphere; she was pretty indignant, how dare these ‘inconsiderate’ clients want to buy things from her in ways that aren’t convenient!
I considered warning her that if she continued down this trend, that pretty soon she’ll very likely have no clients at all! Instead, I reminded myself that it was really none of my business and that she, like you and me, are free to choose who and how she wants to be.
AS YOU SOW…
Understand that whatever energy you put OUT comes BACK to you, one way or another. The more you complain about things and resist what is (or was), the more things persist, the more you attract and create similar circumstances and experiences.
That’s a universal law and it applies to everyone.
Notice how much emphasis some people put on ‘negative’ events that have already passed and that they can’t change now…
- traffic that was ‘horrible’ and ‘horrendous’
- an ‘unfair’ referee
- someone else not treating them the way they’d have like to be treated
- a painful journey, delayed trains of planes
- bad service
I believe that we complain about these things (sometimes incessantly) for one reason and one reason only, and that is that we forget the power of our thoughts and words and that, whatever energy we put out, will come back to us in some way, shape or form.
If you are someone who habitually focuses on the negative and revel in telling stories about things gone wrong (the juicier, the more unfair, the more ‘wrong’ they were and the more justified and ‘right’ you are, the better!) and it’s working for you, then so be it.
However, if you want more positivity in your life I hope these 2 words will help … STOP IT!
Most people, when they read or hear something ‘bad’ on the news, will invest huge amounts of energy in thinking, feeling and talking about ‘the problem’. If more people were to understand the power of their thoughts and words, and more people were to acknowledge ‘what is’ and then invested more energy in creating what they wanted instead, I truly believe that the world would be a much more prosperous, loving and joyful place.
There’s an important proviso that I also explain in the short video clip below; be sure to watch it.
This is not a suggestion that we should pretend everything is fine when it’s not. If things have been, or they are still, tough, then that’s how it is and we serve ourselves by being aware and honest about our experiences.
What I am suggesting is that the more you focus on ‘the problem’ – on the traffic and the scarcity and the unfairness and the struggle and on what’s NOT working - the more you’ll create of the same.
So now you’re probably thinking, ‘What do I do then, and where do I go,when things haven’t gone my way, if I’m not supposed to to talk about it?!’
Here are a few tips to help turning your life around, and therefore life as we know it on this planet:
- Absolutely acknowledge what’s been happening and that it’s been tough, unpleasant or painful; be honest with yourself because suppressing emotions can lead to all kinds of dis-ease…
- Use EFT (tapping) to help you release your fear, anger, resentment, guilt, blame, shame, sadness, regret, disappointment and other painful feelings you have about it – so that you can move to a place of acceptance, which is the starting place for transformation, for changing things
- Immediately also start focusing on what you want to have instead; think about what you’d like to be, do, have or feel instead … because what you focus on expands and the more you focus on it, you more you’ll get more of it.
This is a great example of applying the both/and principle in life, where you live in the place of saying ‘Yes such-and-such happened AND here’s what I choose instead.’
It’s not about denying your experience.
It’s about saying ‘That’s been my experience, I acknowledge that, and now I choose to change it. And the way to change it is first of all to choose what I’d like to have instead, and then to imagine my life being like that … NOW’.
It’s not because complaining is wrong.
It’s about understanding your power as a creator or your own reality.
It’s about taking responsibility for your own life, about choosing your thoughts and words, and about understanding that you do have the power to create something different.
Here’s a short video to help…
If this resonates with you and you want find out more about how to change things around in your own life, you can go to www.moneymakingmoves.net for Free Instant Access to a 2-hour training session.
Share and Enjoy